Grant Awarding Policy
GRANT AWARDING POLICY Back to Council Policies
- Applications will only be considered from organisations within the Council's boundary.
- Every application will be judged on its merits, within the parameters of this policy.
- Applications will be considered in March of each year. Applications must be received by the 16th of February and will be considered by Council on the first Thursday in March. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the March Council meeting. Where there are urgent or extenuating circumstances, applications can, at the discretion of the Council and subject to budgetary constraints, be considered at any time.
- The application form must be accompanied by the organisation’s most recent balance sheet. Failure to provide these documents will result in the application being not considered.
- An organisation’s bank statements will not be deemed acceptable as a replacement for a balance sheet.
- The maximum grant that can be awarded to a local organisation is £250 (two hundred and fifty pounds).
- Every applicant will receive a copy of this policy document.
- Any application not complying with this policy will not be considered.
- Applications from individuals will not be considered under this policy.
- Applicants should consider the bilingual nature of the community of Pontarddulais.