Appointment of Assistant Clerk (part time)
Published: 11 November 2022
Pontarddulais Town Council is seeking an experienced person to assist the Clerk with:
• Researching and submitting grant funding applications;
• “Shadowing” and familiarizing oneself with the Clerk’s duties;
• Support the development of the Council’s strategic direction and plan.
Applicants must have experience of administration, customer service, accounting, competent IT skills and a good understanding of local government practices, procedures and protocol.
Hours of work: Minimum of 40 hours per month (working days are flexible). This position is home-based, but some travel within the Pontarddulais area will be necessary.
Job Type: Part-time, Temporary Contract - Minimum 6 Months
• An understanding of and commitment to the role and functions of local government and community development work;
• The ability to communicate easily and effectively with a wide range of people and organisations;
• The ability to produce good quality written reports and materials;
• Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to establish productive relationships with elected members, external organisations and local residents;
• The ability to grasp and assimilate new information quickly;
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Salary: £12.50 per hour (negotiable depending on experience)
Notice: 1 week for the first month and 1 month thereafter.
A CV should be forwarded to:
The Clerk to the Council
45 St Teilo Street
OR by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 25 November 2022